Just Magnolia and Hanglar Stanglar - Paper Piecing!

It's Friday and that means another new challenge at Just Magnolia and Hanglar Stanglar!  This time my friend Michelle chose the theme and it is "PAPER PIECING".

I have a very special friend having a birthday in the next few days, so I made her this cake card!  I have been seeing so many people making them and thought "what a clever idea".  It makes for a very special card.  Anyhow, I got the instructions from Kathrin HERE.  They were very easy to follow.  Do not be intimidated, it was not hard at all.

This is what it looks like when you have it fold down.  Sooooo cute! You can see I used the same paper on her dress as on the candle box holder.

Tilda with Balloon, which can be found at Magnolia-licious,  is colored in copics and you can see I HAD to add my usual gorgeous flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts.  I used the colors lavendar, aqua, white, and Lt. lime green.  I also used that amazing Guipure Lace from Wild Orchid.  The sentiment is one of those $1 stamps from Michaels again! haha!


 I used a Crealies Border around the cake and snow texture for the "icing".

One more picture for good measure and to show you without the candles.  You can see the cake sits on a little cirlce doily.

I hope my friend likes her card, I have a little something extra tucked behind the image for her.

Thanks for checking in on me today! I hope your weekend is FABULOUS!!!

Happy Crafting!  Dena
 http://denasstampingcorner.blogspot.com/2011/06/just-magnolia-and-hanglar-stanglar_17.html

Just Magnolia and Hanglar Stanglar - Paper Piecing! Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: Bona Pasogit

0 comments:

Post a Comment